(PRESTIGE CLASS: This class is not available at character creation and must be unlocked by meeting special requirements, listed below.)
The blackguard epitomizes evil. Consorting with demons and devils and serving dark deities, the blackguard is hated and feared by all. The blackguard has many options available to him--sending forth dark minions and servants to do his bidding, attacking with stealth and honorless guile, or straightforward smiting of the forces of good that stand in his way. Therefore, almost any class is suited to take the blackguard prestige class.
Alignment: Any evil.
Base Attack Bonus: +6.
Skills: Hide 5 ranks.
Feats: Cleave, Power Attack.
- Hit Die: d10
-Base Attack Bonus: High.
- High Saves: Fortitude.
- Weapon Proficiencies: Simple and martial weapons.
- Armor Proficiencies: All types of armor (light, medium, and heavy) and shields (except for tower shields).
- Skill Points: 2 + Int modifier.
- Class Skills: Concentration, Craft Armor, Craft Trap, Craft Weapon, Diplomacy, Heal, Hide, Intimidate, Lore, and Parry.
- Smite Good: Once a day, a blackguard of 2nd level or higher may attempt to smite a good-aligned enemy with one normal melee attack. The blackguard adds their Charisma bonus to the attack roll and adds 1 extra point of damage per class level.
- Dark Blessing: At 2nd level, the blackguard adds his Charisma bonus to all saving throws.
- Aura of Despair: Beginning at 3rd level, the blackguard radiates a malign aura that causes enemies within 10 feet of him to take a -2 penalty on all saving throws.
- Turn Undead: At 3rd level, the blackguard gains the ability to rebuke or destroy undead as a paladin of his class level.
- Create Undead: At 3rd level, the blackguard can summon an undead minion to fight alongside him. At 7th level, the minion becomes more powerful.
- Summon Fiendish Servant: At 5th level, the blackguard can summon a fiendish dire rat to serve as a scout or spy. At 9th level, the servant becomes more powerful.
- Sneak Attack: At 4th level, the blackguard gains the sneak attack ability. This ability functions exactly like the rogue ability of the same name. The bonus damage is +1d6 at 4th level, +2d6 at 7th level, and +3d6 at 9th level.
- Spells: At 2nd level, the blackguard gains the ability to cast bull's strength once per day. At 6th level, he may also cast inflict serious wounds once per day. At 7th level, the blackguard gains the ability to cast contagion once per day, and at 8th level, he may cast inflict critical wounds once per day.