(PRESTIGE CLASS: This class is not available at character creation and must be unlocked by meeting special requirements, listed below.)
For a weapon master, perfection is found in the mastery of a single melee weapon. A weapon master seeks to unite this weapon of choice with the body, to make them one and to use the weapon as naturally and without thought as any other limb. Weapon Masters may not choose Unarmed Strike as their Weapon of Choice.
Base Attack Bonus: +5
Feats: Weapon Focus in a melee weapon, Dodge, Mobility, Combat Expertise, Spring Attack and Whirlwind Attack.
Skills: Intimidate 4 or more ranks.
- Hit Die: d10
- Base Attack Bonus: High.
- High Saves: Reflex.
- Weapon Proficiencies: None.
- Armor Proficiencies: None.
- Skill Points: 2 + Int Modifier.
- Class Skills: Craft Weapon, Intimidate, Lore, Parry, and Taunt.
- Weapon of Choice: When a character acquires his first level of weapon master, he must select a single melee weapon type (for example, longsword or dwarven waraxe) as his weapon of choice. His weapon master abilities only function when he has a weapon of that type equipped.
- Ki Damage: Once per day, a 1st-level weapon master may choose to make a special attack with his weapon of choice. If this attack hits, it automatically inflicts maximum damage.
- Increase Multiplier: At 5th level, the weapon master's critical multiplier with his chosen weapon increases by +1. (i.e. x2 becomes x3, x3 becomes x4, etc.)
- Superior Weapon Focus: A 5th-level weapon master gains Superior Weapon Focus with his weapon of choice as a bonus feat.
- Ki Critical: At 7th level, the weapon master increases his threat range by 2 when using his weapon of choice. For example, a longsword normally has a threat range of 19-20. In the hands of a 7th-level weapon master, it threatens on a 17-20.